Re: [Spridgets] Fw: fuel line mystery

To: "DAVID GROPPER" <kk7ss@verizon.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fw: fuel line mystery
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:54:33 -0000
Similar stories about a guy with a commercial garage in the Lake District
(UK) who had a jack failure that came down crushing his head just a little
and left him a cabbage.  Another was a school friend, a farmers' son working
under his Mini in the yard outside the house whilst I was having a 'brew'
and natter with his father.  As I was leaving I noted the car was lower than
it was but his legs were still pointing out from underneath.  There was no
reply to my shouted 'Bye William.'  He was trapped and couldn't get enough
breath to speak, only to live.  I lifted the car with a handy piece of 4x4
fence post lying at the edge of the yard (younger and fitter in those days)
and his father pulled him out.  This taught me a couple of things - (1) Use
additional stands (2) Work far enough away from away from a wall so others
have room to manoeuvre.  He was close to a building and that made it harder
to recover him.
Even changing a wheel means the car has to be chocked up with something to
augment the jack.
<snip> I *always* use at least 4 jack-stands --- I'm chicken! <snip>  I'm
squawking as well Dave....

Guy R Day