Re: [Spridgets] Rally stuff was Looking for an Education - Indirect

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rally stuff was Looking for an Education - Indirect
From: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:06:56 -0600
Ok, so my then girlfriend (now wife) and I were on Witch Wanda's
halloween rally, going all over Dallas and put on by the Mountain
Creek Rally Club.  These were always on a Saturday night and left from
a small park.  We drove over from Shreveport once a month to run 'em.

So at night we are instructed to exit the beltway IIRC and turn under
the beltway.  We did.  At night the small road looked like the main
drag.  We figured that we were on the right path as there was rally
traffic in the other lane heading past us.  Turns out this was the
farm road of some fella who over the last 45 minutes had no fewer than
15 cars come roaring down his driveway, slam on the brakes, execute a
3 point turn and leave.  We were his last straw.  As we pass by his
wife pulls across the road with a U-Haul sized truck blocking our
exit.  I start to pull around the truck and then the farmer hops out
with a shotgun and tells us to sit tight.  I'm pissed but this was
before cell phones.  His wife calls the cops and we have to wait for
them to get there.  All is fine but the Dallas cop tells us that Texas
law allows him to keep us there without any repercussion since we were
on his property...  we finally get to the rally's end and hear cheers
as the awards are being handed out.  We turn in our scoresheet and
ends up we are first place.  They make a trophy for us and mail it out
some weeks later..

Lester

On Feb 2, 2010, at 9:17 AM, <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>