[Spridgets] 1975 midget confusion

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] 1975 midget confusion
From: domanicoj@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:34:17 +0000 (UTC)
Help me understand my 1975 MG Midget.B  Built November 1974.B  The questions I
have are these (for now)......

I have only one jack point on each side.B  I thought 75 and after had 2 jack
points per side..

Driver side has a hinge on the floor for the accelerator pedal although it is
not being used.

Stromberg carb has manual choke....most reference manuals and catalogs(i have
access to) refer to auto choke for this year.

Air ports on engine block have been plugged and missing air pump.

How can I tell if the electronic ignition is ballasted or not?

I guess over the years previous owners have made their own little changes and
this is what I am seeing.

I am not looking to do a full restore, just want to make it a "reliable"
runner for now and have fun with my kids.

Any help will be greatly appreciatted!

Thanks,

Jim Domanico

Chalfont, PA