Re: [Spridgets] New Mini Pricing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] New Mini Pricing
From: chris_west <chris_west@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:30:31 -0500
Dean Swanson asked:
Have any of you who have recently purchase a new MINI know if the MINI
dealers sell at list, above list or below list?

Dean - here is my experience.  I ordered new Cooper S mid July of last
year.  Took the expected 6 weeks to arrive.  I paid full list (as per
"Build your own Mini" on website) , but when I arrived to take delivery
they had forgotten to install the 2 "dealer installed" options (mud flaps
and wide double hood / deck stripes.)  So they threw in a set of $60.00
floor mats (very nice ones BTW) picked up the car at my workplace 2 days
later, leaving me a loaner, and returned my car the same day with the
forgotten items installed.  You may think "no big deal" but I live in
Lansing, MI and the dealer is in Grand Rapids, 60+ miles away from my
workplace.

But the real deal was the financing.  They offer what they call "Mini
Select" which is a term of low payments of up to 3 years followed by a
balloon for the balance.  This may seem like "no big deal" BUT if you
finance through BMWNA you are "locked in" to whatever finance rate you
can negotiate, even for the balloon.  In my case they were offering a
promo rate of 1.9% APR for 3 years, so I will be able to refinance the
balloon in 3 years at 1.9% for another 36 months.  So at worst (if I
don't pay off some of the balloon when it comes due) I got a 72 month
loan at 1.9%!  That's 3 points lower than my best quote from my credit
union.

The car is an absolute blast to drive, with handling far exceeding my
abilities as a driver.  Acceleration is more than "adequate", and it puts
an instant smile on my face every time I drive it.

Chris - AN5L35xxx
Small Business Tools
Compete with the big boys.  Click here to find products to benefit your
business.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=9408UeyDD6hzkojJROMRiAAAJ1BXoFCg_GoYpsOBXA-_r2I8AAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMQAAAAA=