Re: [Spridgets] New Mini Pricing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] New Mini Pricing
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:57:20 -0800 (PST)
---- On Thu, 2/18/10, Frank <spritenut@comcast.net> wrote:
> On the other hand when a racer rebuild an engine, it's on
> the track and maxed out on the first lap.

I actually run them as Frank says at 2500-3000 RPM in the garage (doors open!)
for 20-25 minutes to bed the cam. From there, it's practice for 20 minutes at
4000 RPM max, then 20 more at maybe 4800, then 20 more at 5800 or so, then let
'er rip. The last motor refresh went to the dyno, and it seemed kind of strange
to run it balls2thewall right away, but the rings bedded beautifully. If the
motor is bored with a torque plate, rings bedding is an awful lot easier.

Ron