Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)

To: "'Spridgets Digest'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)
From: "Heard" <heard@datatrontech.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:48:39 -0500
I agree with the Supreme Court on this.  According to the copy of the
constitution that I keep close at hand, the first amendment says:

'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press,...'

I don't know about anyone else, but I interpret that to mean that Congress
has to stay the hell out of it.  I like to think the Constitution is a
document pertaining more to PREVENTING what government can do.  Yeah, I
know, the government tells us what to do all the time.  But I still say, the
Supreme Court was right.  The 1st amendment does not say anything about
'only people have the right' or anything of that sort.  It simply says
Congress cannot restrict free speech.

Heard