Re: [Spridgets] Break-in

To: spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Break-in
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 13:52:07 -0800 (PST)
Ed & everybody else who straightened me out on this:

OK - So maybe the
memory's not what it used to be and it was 2500, not 1500 RPM after all.  All
I know is that I did EXACTLY what the guys at Snyder Racing in California told
me to do when they built the cam and it was a pretty rowdy little engine as a
result.

I also used Terry progressive rate valve springs, some kind of trick
(recommended by a friend) multi-angle valve grind, did some porting with my
dremel, added a header, twin SU rather than the stock single carb, and various
other special bits. Best of all, when it came time to pick out the pistons,
push rods, valves and other reciprocating mass bits, I sat in the Beck/Arnley
warehouse floor with parts spread out all around me.  With the help of a handy
gram scale I had laying around (for some reason or other), I eventually came
up with basically a poor-man's balanced engine.  It was a fun little car.
David Booker
Long Island