Re: [Spridgets] 1967 Morris Minor Truck FS locally to me

To: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1967 Morris Minor Truck FS locally to me
From: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:17:10 -0600
Well, I got some photos, it isn't pristine by any stretch, but it runs great
and doesn't look bad. He even has the Conestoga cover
 and most of the parts to fasten it all down that goes with it. I took 9
photos of the truck, 1 of a photo of a truck with the cover on it, and a 15
second quicktime file of the engine running. It accelerates quite well for a
948 single carb, but it feels like it would need Peter to give some
attention to the shocks. I can send photos and video to interested parties
BUT, he just called me, and is starting to have second thoughts about
selling it. In order for him to put fresh paint on it, and purchase an
interior kit, he is now thinking of selling his 67 Morris convertible. It
has the 1098 in it, and he will be moving it out of the garage for photos
later today, if the rain doesn't come in. He says he will be asking $2000
for it.
I told him that I could take photos and pass them around here, but I
couldn't promise anything, since this isn't a Morris community.
He may, or may not call me, to take photos.
If you MIGHT be interested, please, let me know asap, and I'll call him back
and tell him I have "X" number of folks waiting for photos. He was surprised
that I already had several folks asking for the pictures of the truck.
I guess the warmer weather is bringing out the British cars from the barns
and sheds they are hiding in.
IF my posting these finds is NOT appropriate, someone please say something,
and I'll find another way to keep folks informed as the cars come out of the
thaw.
FWIW, I also went and checked out a 71 Midget. Body has a dent in the left
door, left fender dented from where he backed his pickup into it with his
tailgate down. A few small bubbles on the bottom of both A pillars, but
lower hinge mounts are solid. Left rear lower wing rusted inside and out.
Top frame broken, top rotted, but seats and floors not too bad. He says he
has fuel up to the carbs, but it won't start without force feeding them.
There are wires hanging back around the fuel pump, and out of the right side
of engine compartment. Brake master is empty, so I have some concerns about
the condition of braking system.
The title is in the name of an owner that is a guest of our Texas prison
system serving 3 life sentences (I guess not ALL Spridget owners are good
people) but he claims that he can get that fixed. He is asking $4500 for it.
I asked him to contact me after he has held it for a while. With the issues
it has, and our Texas demographic, I just don't see him getting that kind of
money.
If it had a clear title, and was a running, driving, stopping car, it would
be a different story, IMHO.

Brad