[Spridgets] Fire Extinguishers

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Fire Extinguishers
From: Lee Fox <lee.fox@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:14:33 -0600
OK, I know this has been covered before, but I have a new question.
The fire extinguisher in the Midget needs to be replaced. It is a
1A-10BC and has lost its charge. The cost of a recharge is probably
about what a new one would cost. While shopping around I found a new
product at Costco. It is the First Alert Tundra. A two-pack was only
$20.
<http://www.firstalert.com/fire-extinguishing/TUNDRA-SPRAY/TUNDRA-FIRE-EXTINGUISHING-SPRAY/TUNDRA>

It contains no ABC rating, but the package says to keep one in cars. It
supposedly last longer than traditional extinguishers of similar size
and it leaves no damaging residue. One downside is that it can freeze.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Lee

PS: I'm picking up a 1966 Midget parts car tomorrow. It has a 1098 and
wires. Anyone need anything special? I'm in St. Louis.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums