Re: [Spridgets] NO LBC - A Proposal: The Mechanical Car

To: "jerry wall" <jwbn6hrdtp@gmail.com>, "Al Fuller" <al@bighealey.org>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NO LBC - A Proposal: The Mechanical Car
From: Kathryn Bales <kgb@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:21:16 -0700
Manufacturers will never again build a "basic" anything for one simple
reason - money. They actually make far more on maintenance and repairs
than they do on the initial sale of the vehicle. Parts are usually
dealer only items, so they can jack up prices to pretty much anything
they like, and they like money. A basic vehicle would encourage the
younger set to learn shade tree mechanics and discover that aftermarket
parts are not only cheaper to purchase, but perform better and last
longer than OEM.

Kate