Re: [Spridgets] Refilling a Rib Case

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Refilling a Rib Case
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 22:05:40 -0700
Ron,

I have been running motor oil (as everyone has told me this is the only way
to go).

I am running Rotella 15 - 40 in the engine.  I would guess that I should run
a standard 30 wt in the gear box? (As opposed to the 15 -40
in the engine)?

I have enough synthetic Red Line  20 - 50 sitting on the shelf that would
save me a trip to the auto parts store. .  but do I understand that
synthetic should not be used in the gear box?

Kirk