Re: [Spridgets] rear brake adjuster wedge

To: Guy R Day <grday@btinternet.com>, Spridgets
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] rear brake adjuster wedge
From: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:45:06 -0500
> I've too have come across the problem with part worn shoes but never with
> new.  This problem needs to be correctly resolved both for Lee's and others
> concerns.
>
> But is the correct answer to place a lump of weld on the end of the shoes?
> If they are wrong shouldn't representation be made to the brake shoe
> supplier / manufacturer or to stop buying short length shoes.  (Drift away
> from being serious - No one is allowed to mention dwarves !! )
>
> Should we be asking suppliers to measure the brake shoes to see what
> variations there are within them?

Yes, we should. I, however, am not prepared to abstain from driving my
Spridgets while waiting for the "correct" answer ;-)

OTOH, I have been told by people who seemed to know whereof they
spoke, that the wider shoes from the front brakes of the last vintage
of Mini Coopers to run all drums will fit and work fine. I have not
yet acquired a set to test, however. Would you happen to know what
year(s) that would be? I have very little vintage Mini information
available to me.
David L

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75