Re: [Spridgets] How the f...

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] How the f...
From: <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 18:38:23 +0000
Well ... I had to check ..., but yes, that would be the one.

Sounds like it was only certain pressings that had 3 sides.

from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monty_Python_Matching_Tie_and_Handkerchief

Double Grooves
The album's original LP edition (on Charisma Records in the U.K., catalog no.
CAS 1080, released 1973, and on Arista Records in the U.S., catalog no. AL
4039, released 1975) is particularly notable in that it was mastered with two
concentric grooves on side two, so that different material would be played
depending on where the stylus was put down on the record's surface. For this
reason it is sometimes referred to as a "three-sided" record. The cutting was
carried out by George "Porky" Peckham. To further confuse the listener, both
sides of the LP are labelled "FREE RECORD Given away with the Monty Python
Matching Tie and Handkerchief - Side 2" - only the matrix numbers identify
which are the first and second sides.
The album did not have a track listing, so that this feature would come as a
complete surprise to the listener, who might on a second listening hear
material he had never heard before, creating genuine confusion.