Re: [Spridgets] Redneck Parts suppliers

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Redneck Parts suppliers
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 10:07:24 -0700
Hi Frank,

If you want to convert to a stock Datsun clutch you can ship me your
1275 flywheel. I can do the modification for you to fit the stock 7"
Datsun clutch. I have looked at the Rivergate instructions and that's
an awful lot of fussing to make the clutch work if you ask me.

Joey (Paul's son) has been forwarding inquiries to me and I am in the
process of working things out, but I have been able to to the flywheel/
clutch mod for over a year now. Contact me off list if you want to
make arrangements.

Gerard

On Apr 9, 2010, at 8:20 AM, spridgets-request@autox.team.net wrote:

> Message: 9
> Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 22:14:48 -0400
> From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
> Subject: [Spridgets] Redneck Parts suppliers
> To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
>
> Those SOBs from rivergate ripoff nation have EFFED me once again.
> Those stupid redneck MFers sold me a new clutch disc for my Datsun 5
> speed.
> So since I rebuilt the engine and installed the *new* clutch, nothing
> worked.
> No clutch, I pulled the engine and messed with all the measurements,
> tripled checked the release bearing, adjusted the slave, the pedal
> would
> not go down at all, no clutch but
> it works when the engine is out moving the release bearing as it
> should.
> Engine back, again, no clutch..
> Engine out AGAIN, 2nd time in less than 24 hours because all I could
> think of was I put the disc in backwards. And I know how it goes and I
> know I did it right but, what else could it be?
> It turns out to be a clutch disc about 3/4" prouder than the one that
> came out.
> In other words,  a totally wrong  disc, not even close other than the
> splines and diameter.
> I put the original disc back and it all works now.
> One of these days I'm gonna meet that redneck mechanic and I'm gonna
> kick him in the nuts so hard they are gonna come out his nostrils
> He burned me on the BABE rally car and now he burned me again. It's
> payback time.
>
> Paul please get back to the shop WE NEED YOU!
>
> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ
> My own Fleet of Sprites