[Spridgets] 5 speed Speedo Cable

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] 5 speed Speedo Cable
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 15:56:50 -0700
Hello Spridgets,

       I've had to install the speedo cable onto an angle drive of a
       Datsun 5 speed a couple of times now and I think I have the
       process. This assumes the engine is already in the car, and
       you're simply swopping cables.

       After fiddling for far too long, I put a TY-WRAP around the
       cable about 2" behind the gland nut. This did two things. It
       kept the gland nut from slipping back down out of reach, and it
       gave the ability to use TWO HANDS, one to align the pin and the
       other to hold up the cable at a good angle. Once the pin was
       started in the center, it was easy to spin the pin with the
       other end having been disconnected from the speedo itself, and  to
       have the tang fit into the slot. Starting and turning the gland
       nut is still a PITA, but the hard part was DONE.

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                          mailto:pythias@pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403  "the red thing"