Re: [Spridgets] Daily driver duty

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Daily driver duty
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:04:26 -0600
On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 8:43 PM, Dean Hedin <dlh2001@comcast.net> wrote:
But outside of this, one should carefully consider making a Bugeye
one's daily driver. I think that is sound advise.

For those of us who have been English car fans since we were kids, I
respectfully disagree! My first Bugeye was towed home on the end of a
100 foot rope by one of my buddies who borrowed his dad's truck for
the job. I paid the kingly sum of $100 for that car in 1969. I got it
running and it WAS my daily driver, weekend driver and ONLY driver. I
was able to keep it running on a shoestring budget and fixed it up as
I could. I sold it for a small profit and bought another... Same
scenario over and over until I found a nice one for a reasonable
price. I drove a 65 Sprite from Cincinnati to California and back via
Mexico after graduating HS in 1971. I had a really nice 67 Sprite that
was probably the best car I ever owned even if it wasn't the most
expensive or newest. I truly loved those cars and did well with them
for daily drivers!

Someday I will have my 60 completely up to snuff and well sorted. It
will be a daily driver but I probably won't drive it in bad weather or
when it is too hot for an old guy like me! The really great part about
having my Bugeye today is that I can actually afford to do what I want
with it and fix it up!!!

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye