Re: [Spridgets] bugeye

To: Jess Power <jessmd1@comcast.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] bugeye
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:12:22 -0700 (PDT)
Jess Power: "Is there a toyota motor and tranny that will fit in a 1959
bugeye?"

Jess,
I've seen my favorite Toyota engine of all time - the 4AGE -
in a couple of Spridgets. That would be a great swap but they are beginning
to get a bit hard to find.  They came in the first gen Mister2 and I believe
in the Corolla GTS (the RWD one). Maybe others, but I can't think of them.
Don't know how much if any cutting was required to do the install.

Of
course, with a welder and a cutting wheel, just about anything can be
persuaded to fit.

David Booker
Long Island

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html