Re: [Spridgets] DCOE 40 or DCOE 45?

To: Herbert Miller <hgmiller3@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] DCOE 40 or DCOE 45?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 22:13:37 -0400
I ran a 45 DCOE for years, it was the most noticeable seat of the pants
improvement (at the time) that I ever made.
Fast, yes, but 25 mpg on a good day on the interstate was it's best gas
mileage.
On the trip to Missouri 2 years ago and gas at $4 a gallon, I put the
SUs back on. That and the optional cruise control brought my gas mileage
up to 42 on the interstate.
Even now just cruising locally, I am getting 35 mpg and I can still go
fast with well tuned SUs.
I just finished the old Sprite and I did put on a set of race preped SUs
that I acquired in a box of parts, It seems snappier now but I have not
done any gas mileage check since I barely have 100 miles on it since the
refresh.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ