Re: [Spridgets] Welding safety - Brake Cleaner can kill you

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Welding safety - Brake Cleaner can kill you
From: Kitterer Bob <bkitterer@me.com>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 17:44:16 -0700
On May 8, 2010, at 4:10 PM, Dave G. wrote:

> My Great Uncle Ivor was gassed in the trenches in WW1.. cost him his larynx
>and windpipe, ate
> throught a tube, couldn't talk.

When folks talk about servicemen being gas in WWI it is usually Mustard gas not
Phosegene.

There are two significant differences:

First mustard gas, in liquid form, will eat through your shoes and the gas does
similar things to your body.

Phosegene has a different problem.  I do not recall the biological effect but
your nose can detect it at 2 ppm,  unfortunately it is deadly at 1 ppm so you
never want to be able to smell Phosegene.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise) - in storage
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes - in storage
2000 Miata Special Edition - in storage

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive