Re: [Spridgets] Suspension bushes - little arm thing too long?!

To: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Suspension bushes - little arm thing too long?!
From: Chris Karcher <chriskrchr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:45:20 -0700
There's a lot of stored energy in that compressed spring -- could get ugly
if the jack slipped or something.  I just went to Lowe's and got a couple
12" pieces of 5/16 threaded rod.  Stick them through two opposing holes in
the A-arm and spring pan (assuming spring pan has been removed) and run up
nuts with washers to compress the spring.  Once it's close enough, you put
the original bolts in the other two holes to secure it while the threaded
rods are removed.  Simple, safe, CHEAP!

Chris