[Spridgets] Headlight Relays

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Headlight Relays
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:02:00 -0400
All the headlight circuits are out-to-ground, which means there are a lot of
ground connections at relays.  Should these all be gathered up into one
universal connection to the body, or kept separate so a failure does not affect
the entire system?  What is a good way to make a really strong universal ground
connection up front (fiberglass bonnet)?  How about mounting the relays with
bolts and washers to bare metal?I would like a plug so it is easy to take the
bonnet off.

Speaking of which, I have not found a source of generic multiwire plugs and
sockets.

The standard headlights appear not to be fused on my diagram.  The relay
diagrams show a fuse for power in to each relay - high and low beam.  There is
discussion online about problems with fused headlights.  What thoughts?

My fiberglass bonnet is on and I had planned to fake lights for the time being,
but my inspection has expired and the old color is really obvious, so I am off
the road until I get functional lights.    Bummer.

Michael Rowe
'74 Bugeyed Midget
'60 Sprite kit
Long Island, NY