[Spridgets] Not exactly LBC but technical...My H.S. Robotics Club

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Not exactly LBC but technical...My H.S. Robotics Club
From: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 09:03:01 -0400
List,
I have been so busy at school with clubs and exams that I didn't give an
update on our competition and some have been interested. Also this will show
you all why my poor little Sprite has been so neglected as this club takes
an extra 5 hrs a day after school with the kids for months, we started in
October. The coolest thing this year was hooking up with my sister school
(welding shop) and being able to TIG weld the frame which was  stainless
steel. This frame will last till I retire and then some : ) The most time
consuming thing was programing Arduino microprocessor chips to control
joysticks  and sealing the waterproof box. Being we placed 3rd overall vs
1st place overall like last year we have started the 2011 redesign last
week.

Enjoy,

Update info from Villanova University, Robotics MATE ROV competition.

We won in 4 categories;

Best Engineering Design for Underwater Robot; $50.00
3rd place Technical Report; Trophy
1st place Technical Presentation, Robot Build & Technical Poster/Display;
Trophy
3rd place Overall Underwater Competition; Bronze Medallions for each student
attending

We needed 2nd or 3rd place Overall Underwater Competition for the trip to
Hawaii, but I am not too sad as we didn't have the money to go and maybe one
or 2 kids could spend personal money making it hard on all.
Lin

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive