Re: [Spridgets] Tired Starter

To: MIchael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>, spridgets list
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Tired Starter
From: brian S <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 16:02:34 -0400
Michael,

Why don't you try the swapping the gear reduction starter into it?
 Might allow you to determine whether it's your
Lucas starter or some other problem.
Sounds heat related, might be the starter, or wiring breaking down somewhere.
Maybe if you pull your original starter, and give it a good cleaning, might
help.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!

> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:19:50 -0400
> From: mdrowe@optonline.net
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Tired Starter
>
> Well guys and gals, my starter worked better than ever for a whole day.  At
> the end of the day when I was to meet my wife for dinner, it did not work at
> all - power to the pump but no response whatsoever from solenoid or starter.
> I had to leave, so could not trace it.  This morning, it again worked
> perfectly, so I haven't a clue about what happened.
>
> Is that good, because it now works?  Or is that bad, because I now know it
> can fail completely without notice?
>
> I knew the gods would not smile on me for long.  I have sinned too much.
> And I have an LBC.
> David.  You asked for it; you got it!
>
> Michael Rowe
> '74 Bugeyed Midget