[Spridgets] hows this for quality workmanship....

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] hows this for quality workmanship....
From: ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 17:21:01 +0000 (UTC)
So i am driving around today in the midget when all of a sudden i hear an odd
clank and the car starts to run rough. I pull into a parking space and pop the
hood. the outer coverplate for my K&N filters is sitting wedged between the
exhaust and the frame of the car. I first thought that I just didn't tighten it
when last i checked the carbs but i looked again and the 4 spot welds that hold
the assembly to the back plate(the portion that mounts directly to the carbs)
is no longer attached to the back plate. Its less than 2 years old!

So know do i fix this? do I try JB weld, find someone who can tack weld
whatever cheap metal this is made from, or return it to K&N?
I taped back on with scotch tape to get home.
Ryan

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive