[Spridgets] Help - Air Filter for dual carbs.

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Sprite
Subject: [Spridgets] Help - Air Filter for dual carbs.
From: <uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

Group,

I have been looking at Air Filters for dual SU 1.25 carburetors.

There is the pan cake style which you need two.
When change elements you also need two.
I have been running this style on my motor.
The ones i have are throw away units.
Meaning you can not remove parts to clean the filter element
They have paper elements - i used a brush & vacuum to clean in the past.
At this point really need to be replaced.

K&N has a 56-1630 - Same style better quality -
You can clean the unit or replace the filter element.
The original cost for the units are $58 each.
To replace both elements in the future is $52

I started poking around and found one that does both carburetors at the same
time.
There appears to be more breathing room and air flow to both carburetors.
It looks like it is very easy to clean or replace the element.
My problem is: They have Midget cast into the cover. I drive a Morris Minor.
I wrote to the shop in the UK. There reply was - only one in that style.

Any one know of this style air cleaner that has a plain cover with no logo.

Thanks for your help -

Vigil

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75