Re: [Spridgets] Middle Class RIP?

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Middle Class RIP?
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 08:09:57 -0500
Apparently not as far out in the sticks as me...   We have a hand full of
kids every year in the High School that graduate with honors AND an
associate degree from the community college at the same time!  The rest are
certifiably illiterate. What percentage of your kid's peers are doing FFTs?

Out here I can find plenty of kids who know how to drive a combine or clean
out the straw walkers on one. Try finding one that can add 2 and 2 and come
up with 4!  Getting change at McDonalds is the ultimate adventure around
here. We should start a theme park!

Cheers!!
Jim

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Sat, 7/24/10, Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net> wrote:
> > school
> stuff.  What a sad commentary on our culture and
> > educational system.
>
> Or a
> sad commentary on our recruiting skills. The new grads I interview are
> overqualified for a lot of involving NC programming, Visual basic, or any
> database work. The level of math and science skills I have seen are
> impressive
> for any technical degree. My kid is doing FFTs in high school, and we live
> in
> the styx.
>
> Ron
>
> and it's spelled "ninth", not "nineth"

Cheers!!
Jim
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a
shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress."
        John Adams
        US diplomat & politician (1735 - 1826)

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75