Re: [Spridgets] Porsches and eBay, no Spridget content

To: jerrybarr@charter.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Porsches and eBay, no Spridget content
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 20:17:01 -0500
I'm not sure I understand the Porsche bashing.  I'm not really a Porsche
fan, their cars don't really interest me, but I do respect what they do
with them.  Back in the 944 days, I thought the 944 was more
interesting, maybe I'm just a front-engine guy.

Now back in the 80's, every pretender or wannabe had to have a Porsche
(POOR-shuh).  These were the guys that didn't know anything about cars,
wore leisure suits and gold chains, and the car was just a show of
status.  In those days there were lots of Porsches around in our
metroplex.  I doubt if 1/10 of the owners knew anything about the car.
Well 25 years later I realized that I don't see very many of them around
anymore.  It seems that the pretenders and wannabe's moved on to
something else, so now if you find someone driving a Porsche they are
probably an enthusiast and bought the car because of what it is, not
what image it projects.

In my area. BMW has become the car for pretenders and wannabe's, and we
have a lot of them.

> but if I can afford a "Poor-Shay", this means I am affluent, and MY
> affluence DESERVES proper respect,

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive