Re: [Spridgets] Horn wiring

To: "'Phil Nase'" <nases@verizon.net>, "'net Spridgets@autox. team.
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Horn wiring
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 21:15:41 -0400
If it's the Bugeye stock horn then the problem is usually up at the horn
switch/brush/ring on the steering wheel.  It's easy to get a short up there,
thus causing the horn to go into the on condition.

Disconnect the horn and re-test on the bench and make sure it's OK.
If not then you need to re-adjust the points in the horn.

Then go troubleshoot the horn button/brush/wiper etc... up at the wheel.
Usually the brass wiper on the plinth shorts to the inside of the wheel.