Re: [Spridgets] Someone please help!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Someone please help!
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 01:41:51 -0400
On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM,  <robertduquette@sympatico.ca> wrote:
Screw on is 67 and up, isn't it?

My '65 has the plug in 2 piece frame.  My '67 is a screw in frame.
_____________________

If my memory is any good, the MKII Sprites and MK I Midgets (with
sidecurtains) had the 2 piece top bows with the spring loaded sides
like the Bugeyes except the Bugeyes had a 1 piece bow. The windup
window cars (MK III Sprite/MK II Midgets) had a 2 piece top bow but
they did not have the spring loaded sides... Those cars ranged from
1964 until the mid 1967 cars. The take off top cars with windup
windows had a header rail that was attached to the top material and
stowed with the top when it was taken off the car. The side curtain
tops had a metal strip and "lift the dot" fasteners instead of a
header rail. The spring loaded top bows took up the slack in the top
whereas the header rail was installed with the top material tight on
the bows. The late 67 and up have the fold down top with a different
setup that stays on the car.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye