Re: [Spridgets] England trip

To: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@gmail.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] England trip
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:53:38 -0700 (PDT)
I've always found that after the first day, it becomes pretty natural and you
don't need to think so much about it. Getting through that first day is the
trick. Just remember two things:

The driver is always toward the middle of
the road no matter where you are
(except for RHD cars in America for
instance). And most important of all - make
sure you concentrate on the
direction you look when turning right onto a main
road from a side road. You
are used to looking left when turning right - make
REALLY sure nobody is
coming from the right when turning right. Thatcould
certainly screw up an
otherwise uneventful drive.

Another little side note - I received a Brands
Hatch driving school day as a
birthday present a few years ago. I did pretty
well and placed high (but by no
means first) in the class. It was all good
except for the time I tried to
downshift with the door handle while setting
up for Druids Bend. THAT will well
and truly mess up your line and your time
for the entire lap. The instructor got
a bit of enjoyment from it, but was
kind enough to say he had seen it
happen many times before.