Re: [Spridgets] Austin A40 SOLD!

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Austin A40 SOLD!
From: Macy Larry <lmacy@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 13:43:39 -0400
Congrats, I think ;-)

Larry

On Aug 28, 2010, at 11:24 PM, Frank Clarici wrote:

> Somebody wanted it. It has been for sale (sort of) for the past 5 years.
> And today a couple who looked at it a few times decided to buy it.
> Since nobody around here used it, I am glad to see it go.
> We put maybe 100 miles a year on it. We have too many Sprites which are more
>fun to drive than an Austin Saloon.
> So today I tuned it up, changed the oil, tightened a few screws and touched
>up some paint chips, the happy new owners will pick it up Monday as soon as
>one of them learns how to drive a stick!
> The guy never did, the girl was taught by her father a couple times on his
>pick up truck when she was learning to drive, they are both in their mid to
>late 30s.
> He did not drive it, she tried and managed to get it around the block after
>stalling it 8 times. She had no clue when I said ease out the clutch as you
>give it the gas.
> Do people forget how to drive sticks after 20 years or so?
> I can understand stalling something you try to drive for the first time,
>everything is a little different, too much gas, to fast on the clutch, but
>this girl had no clue.
> I restored this thing back in 1997, It was my daughter's only car when she
>turned 17, she does not know it sold but she has her Bugeye now and she took
>the A40 around the block once last year, and she wants to keep it but I have
>to store it. Nope. She is a big girl now, Daddy needs his space ;)
> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ
>
> You restored it better than new
> So why don't you drive it?

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy@phillymgclub.com
Secretary
Philadelphia MG Club

safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to skid in sideways, Margaritas
in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO -
What a Ride!".

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive