Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... 1275cc spin on oil filter

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... 1275cc spin on oil filter
From: Gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 09:56:43 -0700
Vigil,

A number of years ago, there was someone who did extensive research on
oil filters. He reviewed just about every brand that was out there,
cutting them open and examining how they were constructed and how they
performed. He had a web site with all the results and recommendations.
In the process, he pissed of a lot of manufacturers and they forced
him to take down the web site. I had saved it somewhere, but it was so
long ago, I'm not sue where I have it now. Anyway, he said Fram was
about the worst. I recall the AC was highly recommended and that I
think Penzoil was pretty good too. I have had some trouble finding
anything but Fram at what remain ins of the local (to me) parts
stores, but I have been using the Penzoil brand. - part number PZ21

It needs some updating, but see my web page for part numbers:

http://gerardsgarage.com/Garage/Tech/oilfiltersWS.htm

Gerard

On Sep 5, 2010, at 1:05 PM, <uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com>