Re: [Spridgets] Runs great,

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Runs great,
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 07:52:49 -0400
On 9/17/2010 6:55 AM, derf wrote:

> My opinion (and the general consensus?) is that the Weber side draft
> swap for Spridgets yields a small increase in power, but a
> disproportionately large decrease in economy,

I ran a 45 DCOE for over 10 years.
Great power, lousy mileage. 20-22 at best with my driving style.
2008, gas goes to $4 a gallon, I put the SUs back on and my mileage
went up to 28 with the same driving style but i did get 42 mpg on the
trip to Missouri. Same car but I did add cruise control and that 42 was
checked on I-70 with a non stop run from full to empty at 70 mph for the
whole tank. Pretty much 5th gear for 4 hours straight.
So SUs can get twice the mileage as a Weber.
Power loose was minimal on the open interstate but I sort of miss the
Weber around town taking off from the traffic lights with a rice boy
next to me ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ