Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye rear ends 100-6 (Steel bonnet wanted)

To: an5.sprite@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye rear ends 100-6 (Steel bonnet wanted)
From: Hal Faulkner <frog.aye@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 19:43:30 -0700
On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 3:47 PM, <an5.sprite@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now let us hear from the
> OXFORD dictionary:
>
> Is the letter Y a vowel or a consonant?
> .... Whether the letter Y is a vowel or a
>  consonant is therefore rather an arbitrary decision. The letter is
> probably more often used as a vowel, ....

O.K, now, let's move om to "w":
Is English a living language?  If so, we must accept that it takes words
from other languages and turns them into English words.  In particular,
Welsh words have found their way into English, the word "cwm" (pronounced
coom) being one.  Since one never sees "cwm" italicized it has been accepted
as and English word.  Therefore the letter 'w' can also be considered a
vowel.
Hal

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75