Re: [Spridgets] Doors

To: Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls@ado13.com>, Spridgets
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Doors
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 23:13:17 -0400
On 10/17/2010 11:03 PM, Larry & Sandi Miller wrote:
> I'm sorry. I meant to ask if all rollup doors are the same....

Well sort of, the whole door will fit from a 65 thru a 79 but....
There are always buts ;)
Around 69 or so they put a side impact plate inside the door making it
much heavier than the early doors.
68 saw a change in the vent window lever from pointy to rounded so you
could not get impaled by the vent window lever.
The vent window frame changed around the rubber bumper cars, it is only
noticeable if you put a RB door next to a chrome bumper door.
And the inside door pulls changed 3 times over the years and are not
interchangeable without mods to where it bolts up on the inside of the door.
And the window winders changed from a small chrome piece that would
NEVER break to the breakable plastic handles in 1968, those mechanisms
are different too.
But a 65 door will bolt right up to a 79 Midget

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html