[Spridgets] Temps Have A Lot to Do with Your Perspective

To: lists@dinospider.com
Subject: [Spridgets] Temps Have A Lot to Do with Your Perspective
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:12:43 -0700
Temps and my New Jersey and Philadelphia relatives.  .

Living in San Diego your whole life you get a clear sense of the change of
seasons.  But take my relatives who would visit from New Jersey and Philly,
and they could not see even a slight difference between our winters and
summers.  "It's the same here all the time, we miss our seasons and the way
our summers turn into winters, vice versa" I would hear.  I'm thinking,
"what are you talking about, it is winter here right now and our high today
is a mere 55 degrees, it is freezing cold outside.  . I even wear a jacket
to protect myself from the cold temps.  . If I am not careful, I could get
hypothermia in this 55 degree weather."  I am exaggerating my response, but
we did sense a clear change in climate not felt by others visiting from the
East.

Kirk

PS
As a surfing nut case on the comp circuit (in my previous life) the winter
water temps at San Diego beaches, from the spots in Baja, K42, Raul's, up to
Trestles near San Clemente, the water temps would drop from 72 degrees as a
high in the summer to 56 - 62 degrees in the winter.

Hawaiian water temps  . I could never fully adjust to the warm water temps
when flying over there for a contest.  Felt like a bathtub or even a hot tub
to me. (In the low 80's winter conditions).

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums