Re: [Spridgets] gone

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] gone
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 13:26:36 +0000
No vermin in this story:
I was driving an old family car and a clamp disappeared from the exhaust.  I
looked and found that the exhaust itself was good, but out of place, so
hundreds of miles from home, and outside of garage business hours, I knocked
it back into place and all was well.  So, I'm driving towards home and have to
accelerate and discover that moderately hard acceleration separates the pipes
again.  So, I pull off the highway and pull over to the right side of the
road.  Go to the trunk, pull out the angled lug wrench to reach under the car
to nudge it back in place again.  I start to walk up to the spot on the
passenger side of the car to lie down away from the traffic.  Suddenly, the
party lights come on, and I'm thinking ... "Great, now, not only to I have to
fix this, but I'm going to have to go to the cop shop to report having it
fixed".  So, I stop and wait.  The officer approaches me and starts asking
vague questions, iirc.  Something "Why are you stopped here, sir".  I
explained the exhaust situation.  Then she walks up to the passenger window
and asks my wife how she is.  Then the light bulb goes off in my head.

> From: bjshov8@tx.rr.com
>
> trap, it wasn't dead, and she couldn't bear to kill it. I got my airgun
> and drove over. I pull up in the driveway obviously in a hurry, get out
> with the air gun and go in the house, take care of her rodent visitor,
> hustle back out to the car and drive off. I didn't think about it at
> the time but later realized that if any neigbors were watching they
> would have been very suspicious. Now realize that a low powered target
> model airgun is still pretty big because it has big grips and a big air
> chamber and pump assembly. So if a neighbor knows that a woman is
> divorced, and a man comes up late at night in an obvious hurry carrying
> what looks like a real big pistol, then comes out after a short time and
> leaves quickly, they might be really suspicious that something improper
> had happened.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive