Re: [Spridgets] Brake clutch 948 questions

To: Jim Fournier <jimndi@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Brake clutch 948 questions
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:33:21 -0500
On 11/10/2010 4:26 PM, Jim Fournier wrote:

> Question 1. - The ribcase has a slave cylinder attached. is it the same as the
> 948 Slave Cylinder?

No, 1275s have a rubber hose and are 1" bore. 948s used a steel line and
were 7/8 bore. But either will work.

> Question 2. - I'm using the 948 pedal box. will that pose a problem?

No other than the clutch slave pipe but if you use the 948 slave, no
problem.

> Question 3.- The push rods in the pedal box are missing. Are the brake and
> clutch pedal box push rods the same length? I seem to recall that Frank
> indicated they are not the same.

The rods are the same length for brake and clutch other than minor
adjustments. But the rods from a 64-66 (3/4 bore master) are shorter
than the 948 (7/8 bore master)

> Question 4.- The push rod is also missing for the slave. I assume this slave
> push rod MUST be a 1275 pushrod? is that correct?

1275 pushrod is 2-11/16" from tip to center of the hole.
And they are available from vendors on this list.

> Lastly, the throwout bearing and carrier, Must they be 1275 as well? currently
> most of my spares pile is 948 stuff.

Yes, the rib case should have that already, and the T/O bearings are
also clutch specific. 1275 clutch needs a 1275 bearing.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html