Re: [Spridgets] Cement in the engine?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Cement in the engine?
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 20:01:20 -0600
Maybe we are.  In my business when I hear "cement", it means only one
thing (gray powder that comes in big bags).

JB weld is an epoxy, but IIRC it contains finely powdered metal for
additional strength.  The problem with epoxy is that it loses strength
when it gets hot, like above 100 degrees.  It might be fine in the
outside of an engine block, and people do use JB weld to repair a lot of
different things.

Their headquarters is actually not too far from me.

http://jbweld.net/index.php

> You guys are overthinking this. The cement is an epoxy cement... Glue
> and crack filler! One of the brand names, JB Weld was developed for
> General Motors many years ago. They use it to repair brand new engine
> blocks!!! A buddy of mine was a GM certified master mechanic who told
> me about this 25 years ago.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive