Re: [Spridgets] problem

To: Jess Power <jessmd1@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] problem
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 21:29:16 -0500
On 12/3/2010 6:00 PM, Jess Power wrote:
> Just started a supposedly rebuilt 1275cc motor and it began reving to
> about 4000 RPMs and then seized with a loud clanking sound. Now it
> appears to be frozen.Broken rod?Any thoughts?

Couple of things, I had this exact thing happen last year.
I popped out the starter and pried the flywheel over and all was fine.
The engine still runs. Something, I still don't know what must have come
loose or was left in the bell housing and jammed the flywheel.
the car was on it's first drive, about 2 blocks from home.

Did the distributor pop out? That makes a hell of a noise and back fires.

Are you sure the fan belt was on the bottom pulley? Again, I thought it
was and it managed to wedge itself and stall the motor as I was looking
for a reason why the fan was not turning.

At least those are the easy answers, the ones you want to hear.
Other than that, something broke inside or the clutch disintegrated.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html