[Spridgets] No LBC.... Antique tools we love on eBay....and I now

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] No LBC.... Antique tools we love on eBay....and I now
From: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 06:37:14 -0500
List,
Well a little update on my lathe it must be Christmas. I had bid on a Unimat
jewlers lathe (which days later I lost the bid)  and the same day I placed
my bid I received a note from my principal that a local machinist was
donating a lathe to the school. The medium size lathe which is for metal
stock has a homemade motor & switch setup with loads of exposed pully's and
belts and all the wires cut. The deal was if the school didn't want it I
would take it, which I did because this was a dangerous setup for kids use.
It has no name on it and I will be contacting the PO about how to attach a
few tools in the box he dropped off, as I crack the youtubes to learn how to
use it properly. The school will be buying a small mill/drill/lathe in
January as I am still scoping them out and I will still buy a small Unimat
because they are cool and cute as a kitten IMO.

As I am on eBay I am looking for the Unimat again I stumbled across this
beautiful antique all in one machine. Check it out if you love tools : )

http://cgi.ebay.com/1930-Walter-Guilder-Model-Builder-Lathe-Collection-Rare-/120659865779?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c17e370b3

I have always loved tools and my 8 years in the old fassion hardware store
made the love stronger but now I am more interested in antique tools and
learning how to use them. I will check with my school (Monmouth County
Vocational School District) to find a machinist program because tools are
fun! And you guys are the only people I know who understand that ; )

Lin

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive