Re: [Spridgets] 5 speed conversion.

To: Jess Power <jessmd1@comcast.net>, derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 5 speed conversion.
From: <uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 21:14:19 -0800 (PST)

Derf,

I like Gerard's version with the Datsun clutch - i have never seen Bill's.
Gerard re-engineered Paul's kit to make very nice improvements.
I have been a long time friend of Paul's and know Bill bought his parts after
his stroke..
The rivergate uses the stock clutch - The clutch is not as big as the Datsun.
I do know a few people with rivergate and they seem happy with there set up.
I agree with you - the Datsun clutch is a better match for the Datsun 5
speed.
You have to modify the fly wheel so it does cost a little more over all.
Below is a link to Gerard's web site & set up. Does Bill have a web site?
Is there any pictures of bill's set up & a list of parts?
It would be nice to have pictures & a list of parts to compare the two kits.
You can see for youe self that Gerards kit is very high quality from the link
below.

http://gerardsgarage.com/Garage/Tech/5speedKit.htm

.