Re: [Spridgets] MGA steering wheel

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] MGA steering wheel
From: Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 19:09:49 -0600
On the MotoLita website, http://www.moto-lita.co.uk/    I went to
"products" and clicked on steering wheels.  You are presented with
options.  I scrolled to "What boss kit do you need?"  Choose MG, then
MGA and the kit is #B1.
Change your choice to MG Midget and you'll see 3 types, none of which
match the MGA.  Select Austin Healey Sprite and you'll see the Bugeye is
the same as Sprite MkII and Midget MkI.  It doesn't make it easy to mix
and match.
DW

On 2/23/2011 5:05 PM, Steven Guterman wrote:
> Monty,
>
> The spridgets had a number of different spline counts and sizes on the top
> of the steering column.  I think there were at least three but there may be
> more.  I would try to find aftermarket steering hub cross reference tables
> for the donor and target cars to see if they match.
>
> Steve
>
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Monty Love<cmlove@knology.net>  wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if an MGA steering wheel from the mid 50's will fit a MG
>> Midget?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Monty

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html