Re: [Spridgets] Open Carry - Cat and the 9mm

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Open Carry - Cat and the 9mm
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 21:39:50 -0600
Sometimes the best defense is to not be there.  Don't go places you
shouldn't go, and if you have to go then try to not go at night.

When out in public be aware of who is around you.  In areas that aren't
crowded, such as large parking lots, don't let unknown people get close
to you.  Don't spend time putting things into your car when someone can
walk up behind you unnoticed.  Don't let people approach you in areas
like this to ask you for the time or for directions, tell them "don't
come any closer".

I've been told by police officers that criminals want to get real close
to you, then pull out a weapon and assault you when you are too close to
defend yourself.  It is harder for them to do anything to you if you are
30 feet away, and watching them, and with one hand in your pocket.

> Again, and far more important sometimes
> and often neglected, are conflict resolution and situational awareness.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums