[Spridgets] Cobra v. Ferrari 458 Italia

Subject: [Spridgets] Cobra v. Ferrari 458 Italia
From: tncarnut1 at yahoo.com (David Booker)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 10:57:26 -0800 (PST)
As much as I'd love to see any Cobra kick a new Ferrari's butt, I doubt it
would
happen at a drag strip. I got to drive a real 289-powered one once a
long time
ago, and have ridden in, but never had the pleasure (or terror) of
driving a big
block one.  As anybody here who knows me would realize withiout
me saying so,
I've never owned any of them.

So... Cobras really aren't as
great as you'd think they ought to be at a drag
strip. It'll put on a great
show with a lot of wheel spin and sideways action,
but has trouble
translating that power to forward movement efficiently.
The Ferrari on the
other hand - has all kinds of traction control / launch
control / paddle
shift technologies that make it so anybody can drive it quickly
in a straight
line - with or without driving skills. The Cobra will be a handful
and a lot
will depend on how well the driver can get the power down.

I actually tend
to think the Cobra would have a better chance to win if it was a
road course
race. But only if there were enough straights for the big block Ford
to come
into its own, and only if there were not too many tight turns where the
Italia would shine, and only if the Cobra driver was really good and the
Ferrari
driver was some rich poser that really didn't know how to drive...
There's no question which I rather own or drive tho. (even a copy)

 - David
Booker
Long Island