[Spridgets] MG ignition key

Subject: [Spridgets] MG ignition key
From: cbking at alum.rpi.edu (Chris King)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:32:40 -0800
I went to my local locksmith, and he made one for my '79 ignition
cylinder. The brand is Silca (from Italy), and the p/n is NE-27.

One thing I learned is that the original BL keys were plated steel, and
most aftermarket ones are plated brass. If you get a plated steel blank,
make sure your locksmith can grind the steel. Many of them can't, or
won't. I found that out with a steel BMW blank I bought off of eBay. I
ended up buying a key from the BMW dealer. Not exactly an option with an
old Brit car... ;)

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/