[Spridgets] My test drive of the Mini Clubman and your opinions.

Subject: [Spridgets] My test drive of the Mini Clubman and your opinions.
From: lmacy at mac.com (Macy Larry)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:27:59 -0500
Lin,

I have a 2009 Clubman. The barn doors are great in use and after a while you
don't see the post. Mine is an S ;-) with the 6 speed. I have not paid for
anything except a tire rotation in just over 2 years. So I can not answer the
oil change question. But it was not needed until I hit 18,000 miles (Yes
18,000) Second one was at 30,000 (they are 12,000 apart ofter the first one).
And that is in the 6 yr warranty.

I did have to buy tires at 31,000. One had a nail and could not be repaired and
the rest would not make the next inspection, so I went for all 4. Note, there
is NO spare for this car. There is a place to put a doughnut, but it is not
included. The run-flats are connected to an electronic monitor to warn you if
one gets low.

I managed to get over 40 mpg coming back from Colorado in July 2009 (MG 2009,
Breckinridge CO) but I usually get 27 -30 in daily use. Avg all highway is
about 37-39 and low when "playing" is 22-24.

Anything specific, just ask.

BTW, I do Love this car!!

Larry

--
Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy at upenn.edu
Senior IT Program Director
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?