Re: [Spridgets] Taxes

To: "'Michael Rowe'" <mdrowe@optonline.net>, "'derf'"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Taxes
From: "cathey speichinger" <cathe125@suddenlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 21:26:41 -0600
Funny remark Michael, as I know a couple of seriously "poor" people who own
collector cars.  They afford their cars by doing whatever they can to scrimp
up the required $ to feed their addiction of classic cars.  "Poor" is a
relative term as there are many different avenues one can be "poor" in.
There are government defined $ figures of what defines "poverty" but not
"poor" as it is such a vague term.  Very interesting discussion this has
been about taxes and the unfairness of the system BUT power and money
(taxation on those who have not by those who have) has never been about
fairness.  It was designed and implemented by the rich to keep lower class
subjects in a position where their labor makes more money for the rich.   I
subscribe to the theory that there are only two classes of people.  Those
who own income producing means and those who work for the owner of those
means.  Unless you own the business which produces income then you are
subject to the owners whims and devices and can go from being comfortable to
being poor in the blink of an eye UNLESS you are quick to adapt and are
resourceful.  The main problem I see in the good old USA today is that
adaptation and resourcefulness' are no longer taught to children by their
parents thus setting them up for failure when life ( or business owners)
throws them a curve.

Leo