Re: [Spridgets] mileage vs. age

To: "Spridgets net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] mileage vs. age
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 17:48:28 -0600
I don't recall the years on many of these, but in no particular order...

Studebaker (joint venture with 2 other knotheads to build a demo derby
car -- it succumbed early to too much beer and a BFH)
VW Beetle
VW Notchback
Impala
Olds F-85 Coupe
Dodge Coronet (yeah, it had a hemi in it -- and a torqueflite; it broke the
tires loose when shifting at full throttle; FUN)
Pontiac LeMans wagon
Pontiac Ventura Sprint (the GTO substitution between 72 and the final Goat
in 74)
Datsun 240Z (nearly undefeated autocross car for 6 years -- one 2nd place; a
great car)
F440 SCCA race car (another incredibly good car -- one 2nd place, again)
Corvette Stingray convertible (quite warmed over 327-based small block)
Porsche 911
Mustang Coupe
Mustang Convertible
Ford Ranger
Ford Econoline van (maintenance vehicle for my apartment buildings -- one
seat, many tools)
Dodge Dakota
Nissan Altima
Toyota Camry
*Honda Accord Coupe (present DD; boring, but reliable as can be)
*Bugeye (under restoration -- a looong and ridiculous story)
*MGB (soon to be V8 powered)
*Austin A60 Ute (soon to have a mild HP injection -- it's way too slow)

* = presently owned cars

I've probably forgotten another 10 or so cars.  Lots of gaps here.  The
Dodge Coronet, the 240Z, the Corvette and the Porsche 911 are the only ones
I really miss.

A few motorcycles including Harleys, Hondas and a Victory.  Harleys were
junk; Hondas were super reliable and the Victory was decent, but not great
in any one aspect.  The Victory is the only one I would have back.  But I
won't have another bike.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive