[Spridgets] Tires and indicated speed question.

To: "spridgets_autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Tires and indicated speed question.
From: Dave KK7SS <kk7ss@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 06:26:23 +0000 (UTC)
Sorry about the LBC content...  Not!  <Grin)

The Morris Minor 1000 has had the 4.55 rear end replaced with a 3.9.
It also has 185/75x14 tires.... which are a shade too fat for the rim.

We know that when the speedo indicates 55mph that it's actually travelling at
65mph!
(proved on the highway!)
The tires are out of balance and are getting rather worn.

So, I'm thinking of putting 155R14's (Firestone from Coker) on.
If my calculationa are correct, this should at least bring it down to 60mph at
an indicated 55mph.

Comments solicited...

And, No, I don't want to put a 4.22 in !!

--
Dave G  KK7SS
DN06ig

,59 Morris Minor 1000